Asperger Syndrome ?

Joanne Gerenser Ph.D is the Executive Director of the Eden II Programs in Staten Island, New York. Autism Expert
Video Rating: 4 / 5

Allan Jones, Ph.D. Chief Executive Officer, Allen Institute for Brain Science 2010 Allen Institute for Brain Science Symposium

Technorati Tags: ,

About admin

Comments

1. Aleksei5055 says:

@TheMrpoppypants moi aussi haha

2. MyDragonfli says:

@drmdk try children with diffrencess

3. TheMrpoppypants says:

her shirt gave me a seizure

4. Phokya0 says:

Mann hes boring and jeeeez she talk 1 min he talk 10 min

5. DavidGMcilwain says:

The interviewer totally clueless!

6. dinglegonzo says:

I have AS and have not held a job in three years, my financial life stinks and fear being homeless everyday. I think its horrible when people think all people with AS are going to be super successful in life. I cant make friends and even my parents feel uncomfortable around me and rarely call. I am not trying to make anyone pity me, I am thirty and only want people to understand that this is a “Disability” we can not help ourselves when it comes to social interaction.

7. toyy7675 says:

Wow what a retard O_o

8. qsmile says:

Very poor therapist , Does not believe what she is saying herself. What a couple of phonies. How are they helping these people develop skills to over come or improve the things they are talking about. They should be giving these adults and teens classes on social skill, work environments, coping with others bull crap in the work place, dating and social sexual relations and how to maintain a loving relationship with a significant other.

9. qsmile says:

10. makemebad351 says:

Ass burgers
    How about dickburgers
    1 star didn’t even watch the video

11. sandusky46 says:

Probably.

12. drmdk says:

Why such language ? Do you have Asperger Syndrome.?

13. sandusky46 says:

She is an annoying douchebag. And so is the interviewer.

I thought this video would have actual people with Asperger’s; I suppose I was wrong unfortunately

14. thelargge says:

About the abstract perception problem I’ve found a very good way to overcome it: reading poetry. It doesent change my ability too make more frinds or fell less lonely but it does a lot about understanding context rather then words themselves.

15. andebebazzell says:

Asperger Syndrome ? free at W W W . TV-Video . us

16. JunNights says:

I get it, and feel with you. Having AS myself I know how difficult it can be, and how the little things can change life for the better or for the worse. Try preparing yourself for what might happen – that helps me in social situations (ask, read ++) The more I ‘know’ the more ‘unknown’ I can take during a day. :)

17. toyy7675 says:

How some one with asberger is treated is extrem importent.I know cause i got it and later on now i have been thinking that the reson i am who i am now is beacuse of my life.I spend my life home alone on my computer because that is the one thing i know.Once i got my ND 64 i started to stop playing with my friends and i got angry all the time and its so more but no room.I hope you understand my comment.

18. toyy7675 says:

I got help from my school, but try a doc or the other thing where u go and talk with some one.

19. wutup777 says:

i have this syndrome

20. Thanos700 says:

he has aspergers….. so technicly…he cant be retarded… i have aspergers and i act “retarded” cuz i misunderstand social cues… but im not “retarded” because a person can’t be “high-functioning” if they’re intellectually ‘low-functioning”

21. xslayerx202 says:

were would i fined help for this. i have this iv always wondered if i was parshally retarded its a grate relief to finely fined out what i have.

22. H0D0NKAIN says:

lol I agree with you for the most part. :)
    I’ve found that neural typicals seem to be good with taking an idea and going to the next step. The world don’t need us aspies to move forward but if you want a leap forward in a particular field, getting an aspie’s perspective might be found extremely useful.
    Accepting neural diversity is a wonderful thing.
    =) Have a good one.

23. mallamoozoo says:

And the interviewer needs to learn how to talk properly – i can’t even undersatnd the mumbling fool!

24. mallamoozoo says:

I’d go one step further and say the evolution of the species requires extermination of neural typical people – they are the idiots that fear intelligent people and drag the world down with their stupidity. Perhaps the New World Order is just that – the Work of Ages is the grand cleansing of the human species of neural typical morons – then we may finally leave ignorance and war etc behind and work in true co-operative ways and reach the stars!

25. Jacklgf says:

I just found out about my Aspergers. I know that feeling when you miss read a persons face gestures. My Apsergers blocks a lot my common sense but it also makes me be creative, and also enables me to naturally be good at film making.

I appreciated hearing things about emotions from other videos too. I have emotions (some times an over drive of them) but most times I have to be told how to react to something. I don’t like that part of it, sometimes people think that I don’t care.